Restorative dentistry plays a very important role in helping patients enjoy healthy, functional, and comfortable smiles as they age. Charleston dentists Dr. James Dickert and Dr. Agatha Lynn offer experienced care for restoring damaged, decayed, or missing teeth with restorative dental treatments.
West Ashley Family Dentistry can often provide dental restorations in a single visit with our high-quality materials and modern tools and software. For example, our dentists can place same-day dental crowns and other repairs using E4-D, CAD/CAM software, and an in-office milling machine.
The function of your smile enables you to enjoy many of the elements of a good quality of life. Elements such as a healthy diet, normal speech, and confidence in your look. We will address your worn, damaged, and missing teeth so you can get back your confident smile and back to enjoying life to the fullest.
Restore Your Smile in Charleston
Dr. Dickert or Dr. Lynn will meet with you to evaluate your dental health and discuss your needs and goals. We will tailor your treatment to your needs, but also make sure we support your long-term dental health. We take a thorough approach to your care. For example, our team will seek to identify any undiagnosed dental problems that can compromise the integrity of your result. We want your new smile to not only look great but feel great and last a lifetime.
If you have worn or damaged teeth:
- Dental crowns: A dental crown covers the entire tooth after a repair, such as a root canal. Your dentist will permanently bond the crown in place. The crown provides lasting strength, function, and a natural look.
- Dental veneers: Dental veneers are custom-made, strong ultra-thin shells that a dentist can place on the front and sides of teeth. They are also permanent and will improve your look.
- Tooth bonding: Dental bonding is a tooth-colored resin. Your dentist sculpts it by hand directly onto the affected tooth. It is an easy and economical way to improve your smile.
If you have missing teeth:
- Dental bridges: A dental bridge is a restoration that your dentist can use to “bridge” a gap between natural teeth. It is a series of prosthetic teeth we link together and support with an anchor on either side of the gap.
- Dentures and partial dentures: Dentures are custom-made artificial teeth that replace missing teeth and some of the gum tissue. We can provide complete dentures, partial dentures, and implant-supported dentures.
- Dental implants: A dental implant is a titanium post. Your dentist or an oral surgeon surgically implants this post into your jawbone beneath the gum line. It will act as the tooth root and provide a strong foundation for a replacement tooth.
Sedation Dentistry for Dental Anxiety
Our dentists foster a caring, warm, and friendly dental environment. Many patients suffer from the effects of poor oral health due to dental anxiety. Without routine visits to the dental office, you can face concerns such as gum disease, tooth decay, and missing teeth. Sedation dentistry makes it possible for patients to receive the care they need without fear or anxiety throughout their dental visit. We can perform more procedures in a single visit, saving you time and money. Sedation dentistry is best for anyone that has trouble relaxing at the thought of visiting the dentist.
We provide nitrous oxide sedation or laughing gas. We administer conscious sedation through a face mask that delivers odorless gas. This will leave you completely relaxed and able to receive your necessary dental treatments. The effects of laughing gas work really fast, are reversible, and are completely safe. Patients are in control of their bodily functions and can respond to the staff. But they completely relax their mind, and most likely will not remember their treatment.
Schedule A Consultation
To learn more about how we can help you restore a functional smile, schedule a visit with Dr. Dickert or Dr. Lynn in our Charleston, South Carolina dental office. Contact us at (843) 371-5480 or request an appointment online.