Restorative dentistry plays a very important role in helping patients enjoy a healthy, functional and comfortable smile as they age. Charleston dentists Dr. James Dickert and Agatha Lynn offer experienced care for restoring damaged, decayed or missing teeth through restorative dental treatments. Using high quality materials and advanced technology, we can often provide restorations in a single visit. Same day crowns and other restorations can be placed in our office using E4-D, a CAD/CAM technology and in office milling machine.
The function of your smile enables you to enjoy many of the elements of a good quality of life; a healthy diet, normal speech, and confidence in your appearance. If you have teeth that are worn, damaged or missing, West Ashley Family Dentistry offers individualized care for getting back your smile so that you can get back to enjoying life each day.
Restore Your Smile in Charleston
Dr. Dickert or Dr. Lynn will meet with you to fully evaluate your dental health and discuss your needs and goals. Your treatment will be tailored to these needs and will support your long term dental health. We take a comprehensive approach to your care and will seek to identify any undiagnosed dental problems that can compromise the integrity of your result. We want your new smile to not only look great but feel great and last a lifetime.
If you have worn or damaged teeth:
- Dental crowns: A dental crown covers the entire tooth and is permanently bonded into place. The crown provides strength, aesthetics and lasting durable function.
- Dental veneers: Dental veneers are custom made, ultra-thin shells that are permanently applied to the front and sides of the tooth to improve aesthetics and strength.
- Tooth bonding: Dental bonding involves a tooth-colored resin that is sculpted into place and cured to the tooth using a hardening light. It is an easy and economical way to improve your smile.
If you have missing teeth:
- Dental bridges: A dental bridge is a restoration that is used to “bridge” a gap between teeth. It is a series of prosthetic teeth linked together and supported by an anchor on either side of the gap.
- Dentures and partial dentures: Dentures are custom made artificial teeth used to replace missing teeth and some of the gum tissue.
- Dental implants, implant dentures: A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically implanted into the jawbone beneath the gum line. This titanium post will act as the tooth root providing a strong foundation for a replacement tooth.
Sedation Dentistry for Dental Anxiety
Many patients suffer from the effects of poor oral health due to dental anxiety. Without routine visits to our dentist office, patients can face gum disease, decay, and missing teeth. Drs. Dickert and Lynn offer compassionate care in a warm, friendly environment, including sedation dentistry for anyone needing or desiring to be completely relaxed. Sedation dentistry makes it possible for patients to receive the dental care they need without fear or anxiety. More procedures can be performed in a single visit, saving the patient time and money. Laughing gas is administered through a mask that delivers an odorless gas. This will leave you completely relaxed and able to receive your necessary dental treatments. The effects of laughing gas work really fast, are totally reversible, and are completely safe. Patients are in control of their bodily functions and can respond to the staff, but are completely relaxed and most likely will not remember their treatment.
Schedule A Consultation
To learn more about how we can help you restore a functional smile, schedule a consultation with Dr. Dickert or Dr. Lynn in our Charleston dentist office. Contact us at (843) 371-5480 or request an appointment online.