The development of invisible braces for orthodontic treatment has revolutionized the patient experience. Dr. James Dickert and Dr. Agatha Lynn are Charleston Invisalign® providers, and they can help teen and adult patients achieve a beautiful, healthier smile. Invisalign treatment is discreet, comfortable, and effective.
Dr. Dickert and Dr. Lynn provide the best cosmetic dental care in Charleston, SC. We often recommend Invisalign to address misalignment and mild to moderate bite concerns, to improve dental health, and the esthetics of your smile. Invisible braces can be used to treat:
- Tooth misalignment
- Overcrowding of teeth
Invisalign® vs Metal Braces
Straightening your teeth will support your long-term dental health by avoiding gum disease, in addition to providing the smile you have always wanted. Metal braces are the conventional treatment, but there are many disadvantages to using them when compared to Invisalign. Invisible braces alleviate many of the hassles associated with traditional metal braces including:
- The duration of treatment can be shorter
- There are no dietary restrictions
- They are more comfortable and removable
- With clear braces, the treatment is discreet
- There are no risks of tooth enamel staining from permanently attached brackets
- Not worrying about food getting stuck in the metal brackets
Orthodontic treatment with Invisalign clear aligners offers several key benefits for teen and adult patients:
- The invisible aligners are made of a smooth material that does not irritate the gums and soft tissues of the mouth.
- The aligners are removable for daily oral hygiene and enjoying foods and beverages without restriction.
- Treatment is generally completed in 12-15 months and maintained with a retainer.