Are you hiding your smile because of teeth that are crooked or misaligned?
Your crooked teeth may be more than an aesthetic issue, they may be causing dental problems affecting your long term oral health. Damage to the gums, teeth and jaw are a few oral health complications you may encounter. Crooked teeth can also lead to:
- Speech issues
- Chewing and digestion issues
- Periodontal disease
- Excess wear and tear on the teeth
- TMJ and chronic jaw pain
- Increase risk of tooth decay
A smile that negatively affects your self esteem can also have a detrimental impact on your personal and professional interactions. People also associated a straight smile with a healthy one. A straight smile will deliver an ideal smile and boost your confidence level.
Charleston cosmetic dentists Dr. James Dickert and Dr. Agatha Lynn can work with you to find the most appropriate dental treatment for straightening your smile and improving your dental health. We strive to offer personalized care for your smile that meets your unique needs and goals and supports your long term oral health.
Straightening Teeth: What Are the Options?
For many, orthodontic care is the best way to straighten crooked teeth and resolve bite problems for long term results that are both aesthetically pleasing and functional. However, many people would rather avoid orthodontic care, especially adults. There are other ways to address crooked teeth, depending on your specific dental problem.
After evaluating your dental health and discussing your cosmetic goals, we can recommend treatment options that will suit your needs. These can include:
- Invisalign®: Dr. Dickert and Dr. Lynn are Charleston Invisalign providers and can straighten your teeth with this convenient, discreet option. A custom set of clear aligners will gently reposition your teeth and give you a beautiful smile in about a year. The aligners should be worn for about 22 hours a day. You will be able to remove them to brush and floss and to eat.
- Porcelain veneers: If your bite is healthy and functional, dental veneers may be effective for addressing teeth that appear crooked due to irregularities in their shape. Porcelain veneers are ultra thin shells that are permanently adhered to the front of the prepared teeth. They are extremely durable and will resist stain. With proper care, they can last up to 15 years.
- Dental crowns: A dental crown can be placed over a crooked tooth. A tooth crown is like a cap that will cover the entire tooth. They can be colored matched to blend in with your natural smile. Our office uses advanced CAD/CAM technology and an in-office milling system to create and place dental crowns in just one visit.
Schedule An Appointment
To learn more about straightening your smile and how it could improve both aesthetics and oral health, schedule an appointment with Dr. Dickert or Dr. Lynn at West Ashley Family Dentistry in Charleston, SC. We welcome new patients and strive to offer the personalized dental care that establishes lifelong relationships and lasting smiles. Contact us at (843) 371-5480 or use our online request form.