Dental implants are the most natural-looking, stable and long lasting solution for missing teeth. Dental implants are now a routine procedure and offer over a 95% success rate and long-term oral health benefits. West Ashley Family Dentistry offers dental implants to their patients in the Charleston, SC. There are several different options for dental implants that we offer. If you are missing one tooth or several teeth, Dr. James Dickert and Dr. Agatha Lynn can create a personalized treatment plan to restore beauty, health and function to your smile.
Dental Implants offer many health and cosmetic benefits. They are a permanent and secure missing tooth treatment option. We offer dental implants to our Charleston, SC patients to help them achieve a stable and healthy oral foundation for a lifetime of beautiful smiles. Dental implants are the most natural-looking and advanced solution for the replacement of missing teeth. They are the next best thing to natural teeth!
Benefits of Dental Implants
- A dental implant will look, feel, fit and function just like your natural teeth especially when compared to dentures or a dental bridge. They are strong and stable and the next best thing to your real teeth.
- Dental implants are durable and last longer than other dental restorations. Other options for missing teeth, such as dentures, will eventually need replaced. That cost can add up over a lifetime. When properly placed and cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- A face without teeth will appear sunken and can add years to your appearance. Dental implants help keep the natural shape of your face and lower jaw area. With dental implants, your smile will also appear more natural.
- If you’re missing a tooth or multiple teeth, that void can cause bone loss and deterioration in your jawbone. Dental implants are the only option for missing teeth that stimulates the jaw bone which helps stimulate bone growth. This will help prevent bone loss.
- The simple task of talking with removable options for missing teeth can be embarrassing because they sometimes slip or do not fit correctly. Dental implants are permanent and do not slip thus making speaking a lot easier.
- With removable options for missing teeth, there are dietary restrictions. Dentures will deliver about a 30-40% normal chewing function. With dental implants there are no restrictions on what you can eat since they are durable, stable and permanent.
- A tooth-supported dental bridge requires grinding down your healthy teeth in order to provide a place to attach the bridge. You’re essentially damaging your healthy teeth in order to provide a replacement for the missing tooth. A dental implant is surgically placed only the space where the missing tooth is located leaving your healthy teeth alone.
- The constant worry that your restoration may fall out while talking or eating can make social situation intimidating. This leads to feeling uncomfortable in public or around other people. Dental implants are permanent and release a person from that constant worry.
Learn More About Dental Implants
Schedule A Consultation
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of dental implants, schedule a consultation with Dr. Dickert or Dr. Lynn. Our Charleston dentist office welcomes new patients and provides personalized dental care for your specific needs. Contact us at (843) 371-5480 or request an appointment online.